Christmas shopping

samedi, décembre 12, 2015

It's my favourite time of the year and over the past few weeks I've been doing quite a lot of christmas shopping. I'm not going to show you the presents I've got for everyone but I've also been picking up a few various things such as decorations and baking accessories :) 

I love Christmas markets (and mulled wine) so much !
 I am wearing: 
Scarf : Harrods 
Handbag : Lancaster  

I have been looking for a Christmas Jumper everywhere and although I really do love this time of the year, I was not willing to spend £50 on a jumper that is socially acceptable one month a year. I got this one from New Look and I am really pleased with it. It's super soft and cosy and wasn't too expensive (£20). (there are little cute - but quite annoying - bells on the top of the Christmas puddings but the noisy bits can be taken off).


Although I don't really like cakes, I do love baking for other people, it's one thing that makes me really happy and relaxed. I have planned to bake lots of Christmas cupcakes for Christmas eve and Christmas day this year and I was desperate to find fondant, which is really not an easy task in France. I also bought some natural food coloring and a little palette knife. Because I am also in charge of the Christmas tables, I have bought these cute tartan paper napkins as well. And last but not least, a delicious Santa Claus tea which I bought at the Christmas market.


The past few weeks have been pretty stressful for me, lots of work and various important things that needed to be done (I hate being a grown up). I have been hearing about art therapy for over a year without ever buying anything for myself but I recently read about Johanna Basford's work online and thought I'd give it a try. I haven't had much time to work on it yet but I do love it, the drawings are gorgeous and I think it would make a nice little present for Christmas.


Lush bubble bars. The Magic of Christmas stick looks a bit like the Sparkly Pumpkin they had for Halloween. And these Peeping Santa and Holly Golightly are just too cute to resist. I bought a couple for myself and for my friends. The magic wand is reusable and one half of the others is largely enough for one bath ! Jolly Holly-days !



Even though I no longer live at home, I am often in charge of the Christmas tree, probably because everyone knows how much I love it. Last year, it was all about the classic white and red but this year I went for a white and rose gold / copper theme. I also make the decorations for the table which is why I bought this deco spray, because I am going to cover branches and hollies with copper. Can't wait !


I hope you enjoyed reading this article, I will see you very soon after my exams for lotsssss of posts on all things Christmas ! x 


Le mois de décembre est ma période favorite de l'année et durant les dernières semaines j'ai fais pas mal de shopping de Noël. Malheureusement je ne peux pas partager les cadeaux que j'ai fais mais j'ai aussi acheté plein de petites choses pour moi :)

J'adore les marchés de Noel et le vin chaud !
Ma tenue: 
Écharpe : Harrods 
Sac à main : Lancaster  

Ça fait un moment que je cherchais un pull de Noël mais même si j'aime beaucoup cette période, je n'avais pas du tout envie de mettre 50e sur un article qui est socialement accepté pendant 1 mois maximum. J'ai trouvé mon bonheur sur le site New Look et je l'aime beaucoup, il est très doux et confortable. (Il y a des petites clochettes sur les Christmas pudding mais elles se retirent facilement si  comme moi, vous pensez que le pull attire déjà suffisamment l'attention).



Même si je mange très peu de gâteaux moi-même, j'aime beaucoup en faire pour les autres, c'est une activité qui me détend et me rend très heureuse, surtout en cette période. J'ai prévu de faire pleins de Christmas cupcakes pour le réveillon et le jour de Noël et je cherchais du "fondant" depuis un moment avant de tomber dessus par hasard hier, au rayon épicerie des Galeries Lafayette. J'ai également acheté du colorant alimentaire naturel et une spatule. Puisque je suis également en charge de la table de Noël, j'ai récupéré ces jolies serviettes à motif écossais. Et enfin, le thé du Père Noël, sur le marché !



Les dernières semaines ont été particulièrement stressantes pour moi : beaucoup de travail et de choses importantes dont on doit s'occuper lorsqu'on a atteint l'âge adulte (tristesse). J'ai entendu parler de l'art therapy il y a un certain temps, sans jamais rien acheter pour moi, alors que je suis une des premières concernées. J'ai lu plusieurs articles sur le travail de Johanna Basford sur internet et ça m'a donné envie d'investir dans mon bien-être. Il est arrivé en début de semaine et je n'ai pas eu beaucoup de temps à y consacrer jusqu'à maintenant mais les dessins sont absolument magnifiques et je pense que c'est une très bonne idée de cadeau de Noël.



Les pains moussants Lush. La baguette magique de Noël ressemble un peu aux citrouilles paillettées qu'ils avaient en magasins pour Halloween. Et le petit père Noël et la feuille de houx sont absolument adorables. J'en ai récupéré plusieurs pour quelques amies et moi. N'oubliez pas qu'ils peuvent tous servir plusieurs fois, l'étoile se trempe tout simplement dans l'eau et vous pouvez couper le père Noël et la feuille de houx en deux ou trois pour plus de plaisir ! 



Même si je n'habite plus chez mes parents, c'est toujours moi qui m'occupe du sapin de Noël, probablement parce-que tout le monde sait à quel point ça me tient à coeur. L'année dernière, le sapin était classique blanc et rouge mais cette année je suis partie pour un thème or rose / cuivre. J'ai acheté le spray cuivre pour les décorations de table, j'en recouvrirai des branches et boules de houx.


J'espère que cet article vous a plu, je vous retrouve après mes examens pour plein d'autres articles de Noël ! x

You Might Also Like

7 commentaires

  1. Great post and so many lovely stuff that you bought (: I really want some Lush products too!!!
    Great blog, I'm so loving it that I'm now following you!
    Have an amazing day,
    Madalena

    http://maadalenaaa.blogspot.com

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. as soon as I read that baking relaxes you I though "Yes! someone agrees!"
    Whenever I feel stressed I bake, I love showing other people that they mean something to me by baking them lovely goodies :)
    Love,
    Jenny

    http://jennysideup.blogspot.de

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Yes, sometimes I feel very anxious when I wake up and I feel that the best thing to do is to just get down to the kitchen and bake ! Indeed, it's such a great way to make people happy.
      Your blog is so cute x

      Supprimer
  3. Your xmas jumper is so lovely, I love it !
    Great article, I love the white and rose pink for your xmas tree, it's very modern, love it !!
    Can't wait for xmas tho and new articles, I just love your blog so much x

    RépondreSupprimer